Thursday 29 May 2008

Charlie Sheen - Richards Sheen Agreed To Reality Show

CHARLIE SHEEN tried to use ex-wife DENISE RICHARDS' new reality TV show to negotiate better access to their two daughters, the actress has claimed.

The former Bond girl has been criticised for allowing three-year-old Sam and Lola, two, to appear on Denise Richards: It's Complicated, which debuts in the U.S. on Monday (26May08).

But Richards claims Sheen actually signed the waiver allowing them to feature in the show, and only changed his mind when he realised he could use it to land more access to the girls.

The dispute went to court and a judge ruled in Richards' favour.

Speaking on U.S. morning TV's The Today Show on Wednesday (21May08), she said, "When I originally approached Charlie he didn't have a problem, he signed the waiver that I needed."

She adds that she refused Sheen's demands for a change in the custody arrangement, "(Because) I didn't want to change our custody for the show. They were two completely separate things.

"When people watch the show, my children are on it very little."

Of the deterioration of her relationship with Sheen since their split in 2005, she says, "Charlie is a stranger to me. He's my ex-husband and the father of my children and he's a stranger."




See Also